Sunday 20 June 2021

A Word in Advance



 

എങ്ങുപോയെൻ മരുഭൂവിൽ

പിന്നിട്ടൊരശ്ശാദ്വലങ്ങൾ?

എങ്ങുപോയെൻ മനസ്സിലെ-

ക്കാവ്യാങ്കുരങ്ങൾ?

©KTK

 

Welcome to ഉള്ളും പുറവും – A Daughter’s Blog!

This is a blog started by a daughter to share her father’s poetry. My father, K. T. Krishna Variar (aka K. K. Variar) has a head for engineering and a heart for poetry. He is a retired engineer. He started writing and publishing poetry at the young age of 9. (Please read more about his career and his works in the About Section.)

My father is an ardent lover of literature – both English and Malayalam. Though he has equal felicity in both the languages, his creative writing has always been in his mother tongue, Malayalam.

Almost all of his poems have been published. Then why this blog? Because these poems belong to a pre-digital era and no efforts have been taken to make them visible in the virtual world. These poems have been languishing in the poet’s mind and in his cupboard for a long time now. And perhaps it’s high time they were taken out, dusted and aired, and placed right out there for the world to see. As a daughter, it would be my delightful duty to do so.

Currently, my father is leading a quiet, retired life, and he opts not to have any access to the social media. However, any comments from the readers will be duly conveyed to him, and any replies from the poet will be duly shared on the blog.

This blog is going to be a delightful journey both for the blogger and the readers of my father’s poetry. Poems will be shared along with ruminations, reminiscences, translations and anecdotes that I may stumble upon along the way. Unlike my father, I am more comfortable writing in English. Regrettable, I agree. But that’s the way it is. And so this blog will have to be bilingual. Now that I have got that off my chest, let me conclude this post.

More about the poet in his own words in the next blog. And that's a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

സ്മൃതിപുരസ്കാരം

  Today, December 3, is the first death anniversary of the poet. Shraddham, as per the Malayalam calendar, fell on November 24. After the Sh...